Monday, July 12, 2010

Take the Honey and Leave Your Money

As a follow-up to yesterday’s posting, “Thank a Farmer,” I wanted to share another small family farm experience that I happened upon recently.

Atop Petit Jean Mountain in central Arkansas sits a red barn, home to Petit Jean Farm, where the Martsolf family processes raw honey produced by bees feeding on local plants and flowers.  Buying a few jars, I’ve enjoyed delicious honey on my toast every morning since.  But, it’s the WAY I bought them that caused me a moment of pause, then a trip back to the car for my camera.


 
  When a member of the family isn't around, they trust customers to take what they need and leave the money in the green and white checked can!

Trust, the simple confidence in people to be honest.


Driving down the mountain, I wished that the goodness this family expected of others could be bottled and distributed worldwide.   At least as I unscrew the cap each morning, I'm reminded to do my part.

Thanks, Martsolf family!


           

No comments:

Post a Comment