Monday, March 7, 2011

Perfect Yellowness

Poetry often seems the closet form of writing to beauty.  I welcome the first daffodil of 2011 to our yard with a poem. May my friends in Russia, Alaska, Connecticut, and other locations were daffodils are still a hope upon the horizon, enjoy this lovely face of spring.




The First Daffodil of the Season

You have no need
to announce,
“I’m here, the first,
take notice!”

No need to parade
your dainty pedaled bonnet
your gently ruffled neckline
your shapely tender body,
rooted firmly to its
Source.

You awake in solitude,
grateful for the moment only,
unaware of the world’s
Expectations
Anticipations
Validations
heaped upon your head as a
harbinger of its renewal.

Catching sight of you in
my morning garden
jolts a dormant joy
excites my feet to dance
sends me rushing to your side
 to seek your calm assurance,
 to touch the cheek 
of
Perfect Yellowness.

© Twylla Alexander 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment